We all have an important role to play in keeping everyone safe in the event of a fire.
Some residents have access to a dedicated parking bay. If you have a bay, please park your car in this bay in the first instance.
- Specific parking bays are to be used by their owners only; no one else should use these bays without the owner’s agreement. If a car is wrongly parked in your bay, we suggest leaving a note on the window of the wrongly parked car in the first instance.
- Please refer to the plan that was provided to you with your lease when you bought your property.
- If you have a bay, please park your car there rather than taking up the limited visitors spaces.
- Do not park on red lines or pavements, or on roadways. Unmarked car park areas can be temporarily used by residents’ guests.
- As per the Highway Code, road markings/signs apply (e.g. red lines, etc.). All cars need to have an up to date MOT certificate and should be taxed and insured. SORNs are not allowed to park on the development as Brockwell Gate is classed as a highway.
- Untaxed/uninsured/abandoned vehicles will be notified to the council and removed from the estate.
- Overnight parking of delivery and commercial vehicles is not permitted anywhere on the estate, irrespective of whether you have purchased the space or have use of a space.
- Please do not empty ashtrays or rubbish from cars onto the estate or allow your vehicle to drop oil onto the block paving.
The covenants for both flats and houses prohibit residents from causing a nuisance to other owners and tenants by making excessive noise. Noise from TVs, sound systems, radios etc, and from musical instruments must not be such that it can be heard by any neighbour.
Please refrain from causing excessive noise from cars, motorbikes and other vehicles. Please also be aware of noise in the lobbies and entrances to the apartment blocks.
Noisy neighbours may not be aware of the problems they are causing. However, conversational and other noise from flats, houses and gardens can also cause a nuisance to others. Residents should always consider the potential noise impacts of planned events. As good practice, you should inform your neighbours before any events. On the day, please keep the noise to a reasonable level, and up to a reasonable time. Please refer back to your lease for more guidelines.
If you are upset by noise from a neighbouring property please aim to resolve the issue with them, if safe to do so. You can also report the noise nuisance to Lambeth Council.
If there are repeat occurrences of noise nuisance, which causes a property to be in breach of covenant, please report this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep the lobby and stairwell areas of flats clean and quiet for the enjoyment of all your neighbours. In particular, shoes, prams, bicycles, children’s toys must not be left in these areas. Items like this are a health and safety risk and will be removed without notice.
Please report any incidents related to security or access to the estate, or other related concerns. Don’t leave doors propped open, and don’t tamper with any locking mechanism, or leave the door ‘on the latch’. When using the entry phone system, only open doors or gates when you are certain of the caller’s identity.
No flat may have a satellite dish or external TV aerial. There are communal aerials for the flats. All flats are wired for cable and Freeview.
Houses may only have a satellite dish or TV aerial if they are not visible from the estate roadways.
If you have any problems or need to replace your boiler, you may wish to contact residents on the Google group to find a recommendation for a plumber.
BGMCL must be informed if a new boiler is to be fitted ahead of any work being undertaken, especially if a new flue is needed. This is required to maintain up to date records for insurance purposes. Let us know at email@example.com
Smoking is not permitted by law in the communal areas of the flat blocks or at the doorway.
Please be mindful of your neighbours if smoking outside and step well away from the buildings so that smoke does not waft into their properties.
Please dispose of cigarette butts and packaging safely and don’t leave any of this on the grounds or on the floor inside communal areas or in the bin stores.
Please ensure that smoke alarms fitted to houses and flats are kept in good working order.
No pets can be kept in flats without the written permission of BGMCL which, if given, shall be by way of a licence, which can be revoked at any time. If you would like to request permission to keep a pet, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In houses, you don’t need to seek permission. However, we reserve the right to revoke your rights to keep pets if covenants are broken, for example, allowing your dog to foul the estate. Livestock cannot be kept at any time.
Dogs must be on a lead at all times on the development.
To maintain the elegant look of the development, no washing can be hung up in windows or on balconies.
House owners: as per the lease, extensions may need not only Lambeth Council planning permission but also BGMCL consent. If you’re in any doubt, please contact us for advice.
Flat owners: as per the lease, major works and structural changes are not permitted in the flats. If you’re in any doubt, please contact us for advice.
Guidance for contractors working inside flats
BGMCL has produced guidance for leaseholders and their contractors to follow when carrying out work inside flats.