Gate fobs

If you own a flat or a house and have an allocated parking space, you will have been issued with a fob that opens the gates to allow you to access the estate in a vehicle.

If your gate fob stops working, check the battery and replace if necessary.

Brockwell Gate Management Company Limited (BGMCL) charges £60 for new or replacement gate fobs. Please complete this form if you would like to request one.

If you are a tenant, you should ask your landlord for the gate fob if one has been issued to them.

Think security: only open gates to the estate for someone else if you know who they are.


Mailboxes are the responsibility of the property owner or tenant(s) and must be emptied regularly.

If you lose your mailbox key, let us know and we will provide contact details of the manufacturer. If you are unable to source a replacement through them, you will need to arrange a locksmith.

If your mailbox is damaged, for instance by a delivery company, please notify them at the time and ask them to pay for the damage to be repaired.


An extensive programme of landscaping and gardens maintenance is in place. If you notice any areas or specific plants or trees that need attention, please report it to us.

Gas, water and electricity supply

If you live in a house, gas and electricity meters are in cupboards or boxes outside the property on the boundary walls. Water meters are beneath the footpath in front of the property.

If you live in a flat, meters are in cupboards in the communal areas. Some flats have their gas meter in one of the cupboards in the kitchen. Owners of flats and houses, including landlords, will have been issued with keys to the cupboards housing the meters. If you’re a tenant, you should get the keys from your landlord if you need to access a meter cupboard.

The location of stop-taps varies from property to property. A good place to look is in the boiler cupboard or under the kitchen sink. You should ask about the location of the stop-tap when buying your property or starting your tenancy.

For issues with electricity or power supply, call UK Power Networks on 0800 31 63 105 or 105 (24 hrs). Thames Water’s customer care team is online (24 hrs) on Twitter or Facebook.

Fitting a new boiler

If you are fitting a new boiler, you will need to email us to let us know before going ahead with any work, especially if a new flue is required. This is required to keep up to date records for insurance purposes.

If you have any problems or need to replace your boiler, you may wish to contact residents on the Google group to find a recommendation for a plumber.

Electrical supply boxes

Only qualified electricians are allowed to access the communal electrical supply boxes (Ryfield boxes). Requests for the key must be made in advance by emailing

Water or gas leaks

If you live in a flat, any water leaks must be reported as soon as possible to allow these to be rectified and to comply with insurance requirements.

In the majority of cases, leaks within flats are caused by pipes in the flat above (for example, the outflow from a dishwasher or washing machine).

Please ensure that you establish communication with your upstairs neighbour and request that their appliances are checked over. We may also be able to take steps to repair the damage or, for example, to prevent further escapes of water from other flats into your property.

To report a gas or carbon monoxide emergency, call National Grid on 0800 111 999 (24 hrs).


All residents are responsible for issues related to internet connections and/or landlines. You should contact your supplier to report any faults or issues. Brockwell Gate Management Company Limited (BGMCL) cannot be held responsible for faulty connections.

If you’re changing internet or landline provider, please note the access arrangements for electrical supply boxes above.

If there’s a loss of TV signal for all residents of a particular block of flats, please report the issue at and we will get the communal aerial checked.

Roads and potholes

If you notice any issues with roads or pavements outside of the development, you can report this to Lambeth Council or Transport for London (TfL).

Find out more on the Lambeth Council website.

Faults or issues

Help to keep Brockwell Gate safe and secure for everyone by reporting faults or issues that need attention, for example:

  • streetlights (please let us know the number on the lamp post, if available, and the location)
  • lifts
  • cleanliness
  • entry doors to the blocks

Email to report any faults or issues.