We have a great community at Brockwell Gate and make good use of our Google Group. Need a plumber? Want a recommendation for a local pub? Have furniture to sell? All residents and shareholders are welcome to join the group.
In case of emergency (this includes but not limited fire, gas leak, major water leak, theft, attack, robbery, etc.), always contact the emergency services first (999 / 112).
For non-emergency situations, please dial 101 or contact the Tulse Hill Safer Neighbourhoods Team: 020 8721 2624
To report matters outside the development such as damage to the Tulse Hill main road, manhole covers, damaged pavements, lampost issues, please contact Lambeth Council. The more complaints received, the more there is a chance that the situation will get addressed.
Lambeth Cabinet Member for Environment and Clean Air: Cllr Claire Holland: CHolland@lambeth.gov.uk [valid as of November 2018]
For issues with Royal Mail deliveries, contact the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Brixton Hill:
Jason Locke, Delivery Office Manager (London Region)
Royal Mail Letters
Brixton Delivery Office
0208 674 0799
Brockwell Gate is served by good public transport. To plan your journey to and from Brockwell Gate, please visit: https://tfl.gov.uk/
- Routes 2, 432, 415 and N2 directly serve the development
- Routes 3, 37, 196 and N3. Alighting points are a 5-10 minute walk from the development
Brixton Victoria Line (zone 2). A 15-20 minute walk down Effra Road (or use buses 2, 432, 415)
- Herne Hill (Zone 2). A 10 minute walk across Brockwell Park. Note that the Park is only open during daylight hours, so will not be accessible in the late afternoons or evenings in certain seasons
- Brixton (Zone 2). A 15-20 minute walk down Effra Road (or use buses 2, 432, 415)
- Tulse Hill (Zone 3). A 15 minute walk up Tulse Hill Road (or use buses 2, 432, 415)